Lemony Steamed Spinach
This lemony spinach goes great with fish or roast chicken.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. fresh spinach leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup lactose-free margarine, melted
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- Wash spinach in cool water; shake off excess water. Remove any thick stems. Tear spinach leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine spinach with garlic and place in a large microwave-safe casserole dish. Cover casserole with thick plastic wrap. Cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir and cook another short 2 minutes on high. Drain well. Squeeze out liquid. In a small glass bowl, combine margarine, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and white pepper. Heat in microwave until warm. Pour over spinach and toss to combine flavors.