Lemony Veal Cutlets with Mushrooms
This is a quick and easy dish to prepare, and it looks quite elegant. Try it with hot buttered noodles and a green vegetable, or you could serve the cutlets with hot cooked rice.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ lbs. thin veal cutlets
- Salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 8 oz. fresh cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp. dry white wine
- Sprinkle cutlets with salt and pepper. Dredge veal in flour to coat lightly.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Add several veal pieces and sauté, turning once, until browned. Remove browned veal from the skillet and repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet. When butter has melted, add sliced mushrooms and sauté until tender and golden brown. Return veal cutlets to the skillet. Add minced garlic, lemon zest and juice, rosemary and parsley, and wine. Bring to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for about 3 minutes. Arrange veal cutlets on a serving plate and top with mushrooms and lemon sauce.