Lentil Lemon Cakes
Lemon and garlic enhance these protein-rich lentil patties.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup lentils, soaked for at least 12 hours
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 3 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped spinach
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 1⁄3 cups almond meal
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped avocado
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped dill
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together lentils, eggs, yeast, onion, garlic, salt, spinach, lemon zest, and almond meal until well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Divide the lentil mix into 8 equal parts and roll each part into a ball before gently flattening it into a round disk, about 1⁄2 inch thick.
- Cook each lentil cake for 4 minutes on each side, or until golden. Serve hot topped with avocado, lemon juice, yogurt, and fresh dill.