Lentil Rice Salad
This hearty salad is popular in France and is appearing in gourmet stores and delis in the United States. Curry not only gives the dish a delicious flavor, but is also full of cancer-fighting spices and herbs.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. white-wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1⁄3 tsp. black pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 package (16 oz.) lentils, cooked according to package directions
- 3 cups cooked rice and wild rice mix
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- In large bowl, combine lemon juice, vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, mayonnaise, curry powder, pepper, onions, and parsley; mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Add lentils and rice to mayonnaise mixture along with bell peppers, mushrooms, and capers. Stir the salad to coat all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours before serving.