This stew will literally warm your very soul on a cold winter day!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup dry lentils
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 can (16 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried marjoram
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
- Simmer over low heat until lentils are tender, about 45 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.