Combining sweet and savory vegetables and spices with lovely lentils, this is a version of lentil soup youʼre sure to enjoy!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup carrot, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups dry lentils
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups water
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, cored, and chopped
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
- Pour olive oil into a large pot over medium heat. After oil runs thin, add the onion, carrot, and celery, and sauté for 5 minutes, or until tender. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, and bay leaf, and sauté for about 1 minute before adding the lentils, stock, water, and tomatoes.
- Bring pot to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer soup uncovered for about 1 hour.
- Before removing from heat, add spinach, salt, and pepper. Stir until spinach is wilted. Remove bay leaf before serving.