Lettuce Cups with Tangy Ground Chicken
Save to My Recipes
The cold crunch of lettuce contrasts with the warm, chunky filling of juicy chicken bits.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. sherry
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 small red chili pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup peanuts
- 12 lettuce cups (iceberg or butter lettuce)
- In a medium bowl, combine ground chicken with garlic, sesame oil, green onion, cornstarch, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar, and sherry.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Pour chicken mixture in and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add chicken broth, celery, and red chili.
- Stir fry until chicken is cooked and sauce is thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in peanuts.
- Spoon filling into lettuce cups. Serve immediately.