Light Egg Salad Wraps
Egg salad, made with some tofu to reduce fat and cholesterol, is the perfect base for delicious sandwiches with a variety of chopped vegetables.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large eggs
- 1 package (12 oz.) firm tofu, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onions
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup light whipped salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chopped grape tomatoes
- 12 whole wheat tortillas (10 inches)
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. When water boils furiously, remove from heat, cover pan, and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain eggs and run cold water into the pan until the eggs are cold. Crack eggs under water, then peel gently. Chop hard-boiled eggs.
- Drain the tofu by pressing between paper towels; crumble into large bowl. Add eggs, green onions, and celery and toss gently.
- In small bowl combine yogurt, salad dressing, mustard, milk, salt, and cayenne pepper and mix well. Add to egg mixture and stir gently to coat. At this point mixture can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours. When ready to eat, fold in grape tomatoes, then make wrap sandwiches with the tortillas.