Light and Fresh Turkey Chili
This simple fresh tasting chili is easy to make and fast enough for any weeknight. Try substituting beef or bison for the turkey or use black or pinto beans for a different taste.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 lbs. lean ground turkey
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 small package chili spice mix
- 2 lbs. fresh tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans
- 1 tsp. salt
- Sauté onions and garlic in cooking spray on low heat, until transparent. Add ground turkey, browning until done. Stir continuously.
- Add jalapeño, chili mix, tomatoes, beans, and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes for the flavors to blend. Serve hot.