Light Lemon Pudding
For the ice water, let ice cubes and water sit for 20 minutes, then measure the amount of water you need.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 5 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- 1⁄4 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 envelope (0.25 oz.) unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- Chill a deep mixing bowl and beaters. When cold, add milk powder, ice water, and vinegar. Beat at high speed until very fluffy, then cover and chill 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and cold water; let stand for 4 minutes. Add boiling water and stir to dissolve the gelatin. Add the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt and mix well. Chill until very thick, about 1 1⁄2 hours.
- When both mixtures are cold, add the lemon mixture to the dry milk mixture and beat until fluffy. Spoon into serving dishes, cover, and chill until firm, about 4 hours.