Light Oven-Fried Chicken
This delicious recipe is just like fried chicken only better.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup dried potato flakes
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 4 lbs. bone-in, skinless chicken parts
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place potato flakes, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and paprika on a plate. In a shallow bowl, combine egg whites and mustard; beat well.
- Coat chicken in egg mixture, then roll in cereal mixture to coat. Place on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve immediately.