“Lighten Up” Potato Salad
Most people love potato salad, but avoid it because of the fat and calories. This recipe makes the classic delicious dish healthy and nutritious.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- Place potatoes in a pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Remove the potatoes, drain, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, scallions, yogurt, and seasonings, and mix well. Peel the eggs, discard the shells and yolks, and chop the egg whites. Add the chopped egg whites and potatoes to the yogurt mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, and enjoy!