Lightened-Up Creamed Spinach
Save to My Recipes
Creamed spinach is a classic, especially when served with steak. Serve it as a side dish with bacon-wrapped filets of beef and a loaded baked potato for a rich and satisfying meal.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutes
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅛ tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Over medium heat, sauté onion in butter until translucent. Sprinkle onion with flour and cook for a few minutes. Stir in milk; cook, stirring frequently, until it starts to thicken.
- Season the sauce mixture with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Stir in the spinach and cheese; heat through.