Lima Bean and Pea Guacamole
Lima beans add a nutty taste and velvety texture, and peas add a bit of sweetness to this low-fat guacamole.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (16 oz.) lima beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweet peas, drained
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted, and cubed, divided
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced cilantro
- Place lima beans in food processor along with the peas, 1 1⁄2 avocados, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Process until smooth.
- Spoon into a bowl. Stir in the remaining cubed avocado, and stir and mash with a fork until mostly smooth. Stir in tomatoes, jalapeño, and cilantro. Serve immediately or store by pressing plastic wrap on the surface. Chill up to 24 hours.