Lima Bean Succotash
This was originally a Native American dish made with broth from fowl, venison, and other game instead of cream. It contributes to a high-fiber diet.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup frozen baby lima beans
- 1½ cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the lima beans and corn, bring to a simmer and turn the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in butter, oregano, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat toss with the tomato. Serve hot.