Lime Almond Tarts
Ground almonds add a delicious texture to this tart. Toast the slivered almonds for the best flavor and results.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup, plus 1 Tbsp. slivered blanched almonds, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. lime zest
- Sugar substitute equal to ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp. butter, plus extra for greasing
- 3 Tbsp. fresh-squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup heavy cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the ½ cup almonds in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse until the almonds are finely ground. Transfer the almonds to a bowl and set aside.
- Using the same food processor bowl, combine the lime zest and sugar substitute, and process until evenly mixed, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, butter, lime juice, and the reserved ground almonds; pulse 2 to 3 times, then process for 8 to 10 seconds, until well mixed.
- Lightly butter the inside of 8 ovenproof ramekins (4or 6 ounces). Equally divide almond mixture between the ramekins. Lightly press the mixture into the bottoms of the ramekins and smooth the surface. Place on a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer the ramekins to a wire rack to cool. To serve, sprinkle the tarts with the remaining toasted almonds.