Lime makes for a delicious curd. Don’t expect it to be green: The yolks will inevitably turn your curd a luscious yellow.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Zest and juice of 3 limes
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Place lime zest and sugar in a small bowl. Work the zest into the sugar with your fingers, until the sugar is yellow-green and aromatic.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter in a separate medium bowl, then beat in the sugar mixture. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in lime juice and salt, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Heat mixture over medium-low heat until thickened, about 10 minutes, or until it reaches 170°F.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate, covered, until needed.