Hereʼs a sauce thatʼs not shy on flavor: spicy, thanks to red chili, and salty, thanks to anchovies, olives, and capers. Donʼt be surprised if you end up licking the bowl.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 canned anchovy filets (no need to chop, theyʼll dissolve on their own)
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (35 oz.) crushed tomatoes with their juices
- ½ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 1 lb. linguine, cooked and drained
- Handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a wide saucepan. Add the garlic, anchovies, and red pepper flakes, and cook until garlic is softened and anchovies begin to break up, about 4–5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stir, and break up the tomatoes with the spoon. Let simmer for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the olives and capers, and stir. Let the sauce simmer and the flavors come together, about 5–10 minutes.
- Put the cooked pasta in a bowl, add the sauce and toss. Sprinkle with parsley.