Linguine with Arugula and Pine Nuts
Arugula gives this simple and quick recipe a delicious bite. You be the judge on the amount of Parmesan cheese you include; it can be just as tasty with half of the suggested 1 cup in the ingredients list.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. linguine
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 oz. arugula, trimmed
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- Cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender. Stir occasionally.
- While linguine is cooking, heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add ¾ of arugula and stir until wilted, about 30 seconds. Transfer to food processor. Add Parmesan, salt and pepper, and process until smooth.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add arugula mixture and toss well. To serve, top with pine nuts and remaining arugula. Serve immediately.