Linguine with Mushroom Sauce
When condensed soups go on sale, stock up! They are an excellent addition to many recipes and can be used as sauce for chicken or beef.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 oz.) linguine
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (4 oz.) mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine until al dente according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, combine olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for about 3 minutes. Add soup, milk, and nutmeg; stir and bring to a simmer. Add cheese, and stir to combine.
- Serve pasta topped with sauce.