Linguine with Prosciutto, Mushrooms, and Peas
Looking for added fiber? Adding mushrooms to your pasta is a quick and easy way to get more of it in your diet. Even better, this recipe is ready in under 20 minutes. Serve this dish with sprinkled Parmesan cheese.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (16 oz.) linguine
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 12 oz. golden shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz. fresh snap peas
- 6 oz. prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large stockpot, prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter in large skillet over medium heat and cook onions until golden and aromatic, about 6-8 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and add mushrooms and peas. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add prosciutto, and cook an additional 2 minutes. Pour stock and sour cream into the mixture and stir until combined. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta with sauce mixture. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.