Linguini with Clams in a Red Sauce
This is a simple recipe for a classic Italian dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (16 oz.) linguini
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cans (6½ oz.) minced clams, drained, juice reserved
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ⅛ tsp. dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- 4 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves
- Cook linguini according to instructions on package. Drain and set aside; keep warm.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and sauté until transparent, about 5–7 minutes. Add the garlic and drained clams; sauté for 30 seconds. Stir in the clam juice, tomato paste, water, lemon juice, sugar, rosemary, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Scoop the sauce over the linguine and serve with sprigs of fresh basil.