Loaded Chipotle Turkey Chili
This slow cooked chipotle-seasoned chili is loaded with lean protein, fresh toppings and warm, satisfying flavors.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 1 hour 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic, roasted
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 cups canned whole tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, strained
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, strained
- Kosher salt
- Ground Pepper
- Avocado, optional
- Scallions, optional
- Shredded aged cheddar, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- 1/4 cup Coca-Cola®
- Season ground turkey with salt and pepper.
- In large pot over high heat, heat canola oil. Cook turkey 10 minutes, until brown.
- Drain excess oil; mix in dried seasonings. Remove turkey; set aside.
- Cook onions and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes. Mix in browned turkey and remaining ingredients (excluding beans and toppings). Bring to boil; cook over low heat 45 minutes.
- Stir in beans. Continue cooking 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- To serve, top with sliced avocado, scallions, sour cream and shredded aged cheddar cheese, if desired. Enjoy with an ice-cold Coca-Cola Zero Sugar.