Loaded Smashed Potatoes
Loaded with bacon and two types of cheese, these single-serving potatoes are the perfect side dish.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 pounds Private Selection™ Petite Gold Gourmet Potatoes
- 4 strips Private Selection™ Center Cut Bacon
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chives
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place wire rack over rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large pot, bring water to boil. Add potatoes; boil 15 minutes, until fork-tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, arrange bacon on wire rack. Bake 20 minutes. Reserve about 2 tablespoons bacon drippings. Once cool, cut bacon into bite-size pieces.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Using a heavy-bottomed sauce pot or large serving fork, smash potatoes.
- On a separate baking sheet, drizzle half the reserved bacon drippings. Transfer potatoes to greased baking sheet. Drizzle remaining drippings overtop and season with pepper. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheeses and bacon. Return to oven; continue baking 2 minutes. To serve, garnish with chives and sour cream.