Loaded Southwestern Sweet Potatoes
Filled with spicy black beans and sweet corn, these satisfying potatoes are the perfect football party food!
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) Kroger® Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (8 oz.) Kroger® Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Chili Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Guacamole, for garnish
- Greek yogurt, for garnish
- Pierce sweet potatoes several times with a fork. Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium high heat, cook onion, garlic, jalapeño and bell pepper in olive oil until tender, about 8 minutes. Add corn, black beans, tomato sauce and seasonings. Cook until heated through. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Cut a slit down the middle of each potato. Squeeze to fluff flesh, place in serving dish. Divide the bean mixture over each potato. Top with cheese and garnish as desired with cilantro, guacamole and Greek yogurt.