Lobster on the Grill with Citrus Sauce
This is a lovely way to do lobster on the grill. The sauce is subtle enough, but adds a great flavor. Have your fishmonger split the lobster, removing the bitter parts of the head and the intestine.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. no-calorie sweetener such as Splenda
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lobsters (1 lb. each) split lengthwise in their shell
- Bring vinegar, sweetener, orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook for 4 minutes until thickened. Meanwhile, heat the grill to medium or prepare your coals.
- Brush sauce on the cut sides of the split lobsters and place them on the grill, cut-side up. Close lid and let roast for 10 minutes, adding sauce every 5 minutes.
- Turn and quickly grill cut-side down. Serve immediately.