These are standard fare on the coast in New England, where they are served without pomp and circumstance from beachside lunch shacks. They are delicious, simple sandwiches of lobster salad served on special hot dog buns, usually split down the middle from the top. Purchase lobster from the grocery store fish counter. They will steam the lobster for you if you ask.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutes
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 Tbsp. soft butter
- 1 cup cooked lobster meat chunks
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- Butter the insides of the buns and toast them on a griddle or skillet.
- Combine lobster meat, mayonnaise, celery, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Spoon lobster salad onto toasted buns.