Loco Pie Crust
Yes, mayonnaise in pie crust! The egg and oil in the mayonnaise make the crust tender, while adding a nice flavor.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, and vinegar and mix well. Add flour, stirring with a fork to form a ball. Press dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed paper. Remove top sheet and place crust in 9" pie pan. Carefully ease off the top sheet of paper, then ease the crust into the pan and press to bottom and sides. Fold edges under and flute.
- Either use as recipe directs, or bake for 5 minutes, then press crust down with fork if necessary. Bake for 5–8 minutes longer or until crust is light golden brown.