Loco Pie Crust
Yes, mayonnaise in pie crust! The egg and oil in the mayonnaise make the crust tender, while adding a nice flavor.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, and vinegar and mix well. Add flour, stirring with a fork to form a ball. Press dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed paper. Remove top sheet and place crust in 9-inch pie pan. Carefully ease off the top sheet of paper, then ease the crust into the pan and press to bottom and sides. Fold edges under and flute.
- Either use as recipe directs, or bake for 5 minutes, then press crust down with fork if necessary. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes longer or until crust is light golden brown.