Lollipop Chicken (Lollipop Murgh)
To make a meal out of this popular Indo-Chinese appetizer, serve it with Indian flatbreads and a squeeze of lemon juice or basmati rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp. corn flour
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ Tbsp. white vinegar
- 8 small chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the ginger-garlic paste, all-purpose flour, corn flour, soy sauce, red chili powder, sugar, and vinegar. Add enough water to make a thin, smooth consistency. Add the chicken and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- In a deep pan, heat 5 to 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add a few pieces of chicken to the oil, and pan-fry until crisp. If the oil begins to splatter, you can cover the pan with a splatter guard or a cover. Continue until all the pieces are cooked. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Remove the chicken pieces and place on a paper towel to drain off any excess oil. Serve immediately.