London Broil with Grilled Mushrooms
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup dry red wine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 green onion with green top, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, plus extra for mushrooms
- 1 London broil (about 2 lbs.)
- 2–3 cloves garlic, slivered
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. fresh cremini or baby bella mushrooms
- In a small mixing bowl, combine red wine, oil, minced garlic, vinegar, green onion, and Worcestershire sauce. Poke several small holes in the London Broil and place the garlic slivers in the holes. Place the meat in a shallow baking pan and pour the wine mixture over the meat. Cover and refrigerate, turning once, for several hours (or overnight if possible).
- Grill the London broil for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and sprinkle cooked side with salt and pepper. Cook for another 3 minutes or until cooked to your liking. During the last few minutes of cooking, grill the mushrooms. Brush with Worcestershire sauce and remove from heat. To serve, slice the meat against the grain, and serve with mushrooms.