Louisiana Grilled Hot Wings
Serves: 8Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 8 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup bottled Louisiana red pepper sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ small onion, minced
- 5 lbs. chicken wings (tips removed)
- 2 Tbsp. powdered Cajun spice, divided
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Mix together pepper sauce, Worcestershire, jalapeño, and onion. Place wings in a covered container and pour the mixture over them. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place coals on one side of the bottom of a kettle-type grill. Place a drip pan on the other side and position the wings on the grill grate over the drip pan.
- Sprinkle wings with 1 tablespoon Cajun spice. Put the lid on the grill and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Turn the wings and sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of Cajun spice. Cover and grill for another 15 minutes.
- Baste with your favorite barbecue sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce.