This authentic Louisiana favorite is full of flavor and spice.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. andouille sausage, sliced
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 oz. brown rice
- 2½ cans gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce
- Pour the oil into a large pot and place on medium-high heat. Sauté the sausage until browned, about 6–8 minutes. Add the shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp are opaque, about 4 minutes.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic; season with crushed red pepper, chili powder, oregano, and black pepper. Cook until the onion is tender.
- Stir in the rice, broth, tomatoes, and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat; simmer until the rice is cooked. Stir in the Tabasco sauce before serving.