This combination of seafood is reminiscent of a clam bake but is much easier to make.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbs. fresh dill, divided
- ¼ tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 12 raw sea scallops
- 8 large raw shrimp
- 8 clams, scrubbed
- 8 mussels, debearded
- 2 frozen lobster tails (6 oz. each), thawed, chopped
- 3 cups prepared yellow rice
- In a large stock pot, combine shallots, garlic, and wine; bring to a simmer. Simmer until vegetables soften, about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon fresh dill and thyme.
- Add seafood except lobster; cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, shaking pot frequently, until shrimp curl, scallops are opaque, and clams and mussels open. Discard any clams and mussels that do not open.
- Remove cover and add lobster; cook and stir until lobster is hot, about 2 to 3 minutes longer. Serve over hot cooked rice with remaining fresh dill.