Louisiana-Style Crab Cakes
Even store-bought crabmeat can sometimes have thin bones in it, so be sure to pick it over thoroughly before you begin cooking.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat, cooked
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in a small skilled over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion. Sauté until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl. Add the Cajun seasoning, mayonnaise, salt, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, and cooled onion mixture. Add the crabmeat and mix together thoroughly. Make into thin cakes, about 4 inch in diameter.
- Heat remaining olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the crab cakes and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.