Louisiana-Style Crab Cakes
Even store-bought crabmeat can sometimes have thin bones in it, so be sure to pick it over thoroughly before you begin cooking.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ medium red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat, cooked
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in a small skilled over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion. Sauté until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl. Add the Cajun seasoning, mayonnaise, salt, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, and cooled onion mixture. Add the crabmeat and mix together thoroughly. Make into thin cakes, about 4" in diameter.
- Heat remaining olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the crab cakes and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.