Low-Cal Spinach Pesto Vinaigrette
Play with the baby spinach and basil ratios a little until you discover the perfect balance for your taste preferences.
Serves: 20Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup torn baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 peeled and crushed garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped walnuts
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Place spinach, basil, garlic, walnuts, pepper, salt, oil, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a processor. Process until silky smooth. Add up to 1 tablespoon extra oil if needed to smooth mixture.
- Slowly feed remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, chicken broth, and vinegar into processor. Process until smooth and fully mixed. Pour mixture into a bottle and store in refrigerator. Shake well before each use.