Low-Calorie Chicken Soup
A simple chicken soup is an important and easy recipe to learn.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only
- ½ lb. cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- Slice leeks into rounds, rinse well under cold running water and drain. Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the leeks and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the other vegetables, chicken, salt, and pepper, and sauté until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Cover with the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with parsley before serving.