Low-Carb Baked Stuffed Shrimp
This gorgeous dish is low-carb and still gives you a good amount of vitamin A.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup diced crabmeat
- 1 cup soft whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram leaves
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, diced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat Swiss cheese
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In medium skillet, combine olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter; melt over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 6 minutes. Add wine, salt, and cayenne pepper and cook for 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- Add crab, bread crumbs, marjoram, parsley, and Swiss cheese and mix gently; set aside.
- Pat the shrimp dry and slit down the back without cutting all the way through. Stuff the shrimp with the crab mixture and place, stuffing side up, in prepared dish. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes or until shrimp are cooked and stuffing is hot and begins to brown. Serve immediately.