Low-Carb Beef with Peppers
Even though bell peppers contain sugar, a carbohydrate, they are so high in vitamins A and C that they are considered very nutrient dense.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ lbs. flank steak
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup beef broth
- Trim flank steak and cut across the grain into ½-inch slices. In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add steak strips; brown on all sides, about 5 minutes, then remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Then add all the bell peppers. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper; cook and stir for 4–5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Return beef to skillet and add broth. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 4–5 minutes. Serve immediately.