Low Carb Coconut Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookies
The addition of unsweetened coconut in these cookies makes them a healthy sweet snack.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp. low-calorie sweetener baking blend
- 1⁄4 cup low-calorie brown sugar blend, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, soak raisins in rum and orange juice for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk together almond meal, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar blends until creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined. Slowly add the almond meal mixture and coconut. Mix until just combined. Stir in drained raisins, chocolate chips and pecan pieces by hand. Cover batter and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop batter onto prepared baking sheets. Cookies do not have a large spread. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are lightly browned around the edges. Allow to cool 5 minutes then remove from sheet to cool completely on wire racks.