Low-Carb Cod Cakes
Serve the cakes with an Asian sauce or vinaigrette instead of tartar sauce and a side of stir-fried vegetables for a totally different variation.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¼ lbs. cod, cleaned and boned
- 4 scallions, whites only, chopped (about ⅓ cup)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅛ tsp. Tabasco sauce
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Cut the fish into large chunks and pulse in a food processor until coarsely chopped, or chop by hand using a very sharp knife. Transfer to a medium-size bowl and add the scallions, egg, and Tabasco; mix well. Season with salt and pepper, then form 8 equal patties. Dredge them in the breadcrumbs and shake off any excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-low heat. Cook the patties on each side for about 4 minutes or until they are golden brown. Turn them over and cook for about 5 minutes or until brown and cooked all the way through.