Do not use baking chocolate in this recipe; use a high-quality brand, like Callebaut or Scharffen Berger.
Serves: 36Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 5 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄3 cup sifted cocoa powder
- Place the chocolates in a large bowl. In small saucepan, combine butter and cream; heat over low heat until steam begins to rise and bubbles form around the edges. Pour over chocolate.
- Immediately begin stirring the mixture; stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Add vanilla and salt and mix well.
- Cover and chill mixture for 4 hours until firm. Then beat mixture at high speed until fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Return to refrigerator to chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Shape mixture into 36 truffles. Roll truffles in the cocoa powder, shaking off excess. Store tightly covered at room temperature.