Low-Fat Apple Crisp
The key to apple crisp is the oatmeal mixture. You need the brown sugar, margarine, and cinnamon well mixed. If you like more “crisp” to your apple crisp, add more oats and margarine.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup uncooked oats
- 4 Tbsp. Splenda brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp. margarine
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine apples, lemon juice, and sugar in a large bowl, tossing to mix. Place apple mixture on the bottom of a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oats, Splenda brown sugar, flour, margarine, and cinnamon with your fingers to make sure the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle crumb mixture over apple mixture.
- Bake about 50 minutes or until bubbly.