Low-Fat Buttermilk Pancakes
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅛ cup nonfat dry buttermilk powder
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. grapeseed or canola oil
- ⅛ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¾ cup carbonated water
- In a small mixing bowl, or in a blender or food processor, mix together the buttermilk powder, flour, eggs, sugar, oil, lemon juice, and skim milk. Immediately prior to making the pancakes, add the carbonated water and fold it into the batter.
- To prepare the pancakes, pour the batter by spoonfuls or ladle it onto a hot griddle or nonstick skillet treated with nonstick spray. Cook over medium heat until the batter bubbles on top. Flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 15 to 30 seconds, until cooked through. Serve immediately with your choice of toppings.