Low-Fat Chocolate Cake
You can lightly dust this cake with powdered sugar for a simple elegant presentation.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8-inch square pan with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and sugar well. In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix the oil, egg white, yogurt, vanilla, and fudge topping. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.