Low-Fat Country Gravy
This gravy can be served with sautéed pork chops or chicken breasts. It’s also excellent served with biscuits.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. lemon pepper
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon 1% milk, divided
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium dried onion soup mix
- 2 Tbsp. strong brewed coffee
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Please try again later.
- Combine flour and cornstarch in small saucepan. Place over medium-low heat; cook and stir until toasted but not browned, stirring constantly. Add lemon pepper, salt, and 1 cup milk, stirring constantly. Continue to cook and stir over medium-low heat until sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- In another saucepan, combine Worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix, coffee, thyme leaves, and garlic; bring to a simmer over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in white sauce and remaining tablespoon skim milk. Cook and stir until sauce is thick and onions and garlic are tender and desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.