Low-Fat Eggs Benedict
This can be made vegetarian by substituting grilled portobello mushrooms for the Canadian bacon.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 oz. evaporated skim milk
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 2 (100-calorie) English muffins
- Mix the skim milk with the mayonnaise and lemon juice and heat in the microwave for about 40 seconds to warm.
- Crack each egg into individual microwaveable bowls, being careful not to break the yolks. Cover each bowl with plastic wrap and microwave on high until the whites are cooked and yolks firm, about 2 minutes.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon. Toast the muffins in the toaster. Place the bacon two English muffin pieces.
- Add the eggs on the bacon and top each egg with 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise mixture.