Low-Fat Lemon Cheesecake
The lemon adds zing to this light, creamy cheesecake. To enhance the presentation, use a zester to peel off long curls of lemon zest and arrange them on top of the cake.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 5 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 12 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 16 oz. low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup evaporated skim milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Mix together the crumbs, butter, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a bowl. Transfer crumb mixture to 9" springform pan and press onto the bottom. Place in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine the cottage cheese, eggs, egg whites, evaporated milk, sugar, lemon zest, and ⅓ cup lemon juice in a food processor. Process until smooth. Add flour and process a few seconds longer.
- Remove crust from freezer and pour cottage cheese mixture into it. Bake until the filling has set, about 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack, then chill in refrigerator for 4 hours before serving. Release the pan sides and slide onto a serving plate.