Low-Fat, Low-Sugar Key Lime Pie
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup graham-cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. plus ½ cup Splenda granulated, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. plus ½ tsp. key lime zest, divided
- 6 oz. low-fat (Neufchâtel) cream cheese
- 1 package (1 oz.) instant sugar- and fat-free vanilla pudding mix
- ½ cup 1% milk
- 1 cup key lime juice (5–6 limes), divided
- 1 Tbsp. unflavored gelatin
- 1½ cup nonfat whipped topping
- 1 Tbsp. lime zest
- Prepare graham cracker crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine graham crumbs and 1 tablespoon Splenda. Add melted butter and mix well. Press crumbs into 9" pie plate with help of flat surface such as bottom of glass. Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven and cool.
- In mixer or food processor, combine ½ teaspoon lime zest and ½ cup Splenda. Add cream cheese and process for 30 seconds. Add pudding mix and milk and blend well.
- Pour ¼ cup lime juice into small microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave for 1 minute. Add gelatine to heated juice; dissolve completely.
- Mix dissolved gelatine in rest of lime juice. Turn on mixer or food processor; pour lime juice into mixture slowly. Process until all Ingredients are well combined.
- Pour filling into piecrust; refrigerate for 3–4 hours before serving. Serve with whipped topping and remaining lime zest.