Low-Fat Peach Cobbler
This is an updated version of the classic dessert with heart-healthy whole grain and ripe juicy fruit. Serve with whipped cream and/or nonfat frozen yogurt if desired.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white whole-wheat flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Get out a 9" × 13" baking dish and set aside.
- Place sliced peaches into a mixing bowl, add sugar and lemon juice, and toss well to coat. Transfer to the baking dish. Set aside.
- Measure the flours, sugar, and baking powder into a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Add the melted butter, egg white, milk, and vanilla and stir well to combine. Batter will be thick. Spoon batter over sliced peaches.
- Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cool.