Low-Fat Pesto Chicken Pasta
It doesnʼt take a lot of pesto, a traditionally high-fat food, to add flavor to a dish. Less than a cup makes this elegant dish delicious, and it serves eight.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 oz. each), cubed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 package (16 oz.) linguine
- 3⁄4 cup pesto
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook and stir until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Toss chicken with flour, salt, and pepper and add to saucepan. Cook and stir until chicken is almost cooked. Add broth and cream; bring to a simmer. Cook and stir until sauce begins to thicken.
- Cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain pasta and add to chicken mixture along with pesto and cheese. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through, then serve immediately.